Friday, November 07, 2008

Herrell's Ice Cream Blog Review - Havard Square

When the kiddos came to visit, we took them to Herrell's Ice Cream in Harvard Square for ice cream. This was more out of convenience than anything since we were shopping in the area and had to bribe them to keep pace after a couple hours :)

The kids loved the ice cream though I don't think they'd ever say ice cream is bad! Being fascinated with Twinkies (indefinite shelf life and all) and having a soft spot for cake, I got the Twinkie flavor. It was good enough, cake batter ice cream with bits of Twinkie.



Chomp Meter: The ice cream is good enough and they're open late so it's an option for after dinner dessert in Harvard Square. Like any good broken record, I have to repeat that Finale is over rated (good concept?) and frankly not very good and L.A. Burdicks closes at 10pm.

Harvard Square
15 Dunster Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
(617) 497-2179

Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 10:00 A.M. - Midnight.
Friday and Saturday, 10:00 A.M. - 1:00 A.M.
Cold season: seven days a week, 11:00 AM - Midnight

Herrell's Ice Cream and Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...twinkie ice cream? I've never heard of that before! I've had birthday cake ice cream and loved it. This sounds like an interesting twist! I think I'm like your kids...it's hard for me to meet an ice cream I don't like!

mini said...

hi jenn- you're absolutely right, anything with sugar and cream can't be bad :)