Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Quick Dinner at Indian Dhaba

On Sunday, I came to the realization that it's been almost a year since I've had Indian food!

This comes as a surprise since I actually used to eat Indian food fairly regularly. However, a current dining buddy of ours [ *ahem* you know who you are if you are reading this :) ] is rarely in the mood for Indian food.

I decided to put an end to my Indian food drought with a trip to Indian Dhaba in Allston. Indian Dhaba is more of a take out restaurant but there are a couple tables for eating in. There's a good variety of Indian Chinese dishes as well!

Since it was just P and I, we ordered spinach pakoras as an appetizer, Hakka noodles (Indian Chinese) and rogan josh (lamb curry).

I wasn't a fan of the pakoras which were too salty:


(L) The Hakka noodles were good. An Indian take on Chinese food and spicy!
(R) Rogan josh. This was delicious.


I have a strange attraction to all things pink and picked out a pink colored lassi from the fridge at Indian Dhaba. It looked like Peptol Bismol! But don't worry it's just rose flavored. The rose lassi was ok. A little too sweet but I finished it anyway.



Chomp Meter:

Spicy stuff! This is a good place to stop by for a quick meal. I would like to try the kathi rolls and the other dishes on the Indian Chinese menu.

Indian Dhaba
180 Brighton Ave
Allston, MA 02134
(617) 787-5155

Indian Dhaba on Urbanspoon

No comments: