Monday, August 25, 2008

A Chinese Restaurant next to Kam Man

It turns out that I am oblivious sometimes. We had dinner last weekend at a Chinese / Cantonese seafood restaurant and I don't even know its name. I need some help here. If you are facing Kam Man, this restaurant is on the right. (Not China Pearl)

The food was ok. I've been there 3 times now. I remember liking the sweet potato leafs fried with fermented tofu. I don't know the name since someone else did the ordering. I was just there to lend my appetite.

This time we had a clam dish which was I really enjoyed! I spied another table this dish and asked the waiter for the same thing.

It's called "Empress Clam" and is $5 a clam. A pretty good deal I must say! It has chopped up pieces of clam with some vermicelli at the bottom. Not sure if this is seasonal, but I highly recommend trying the clams if they're available :)



We walked to Kam Man after dinner. They have an awesome selection of Asian cookies and snacks. Hey I need to feed my Pocky addiction. Kam Man puts Super 88 to shame. Super 88's selection of products at the Allston locale has been really limited of late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so good! And simple, too!

mini said...

Hi Tom, I asked a friend, the name of the restaurant is South Gate if you are interested in trying the clams :)